Patient Participation Group
The overall aim of our group (PPG) is to develop a positive and constructive relationship between patients, the Practice and the community it serves, ensuring the practice remains accountable and responsive to all its patients needs.
Our group key roles are:
- Create and improve two-way communication between patients, the Practice and the community it serves.
- To bring a sense of partnership between Practice and patients.
- Provide an avenue for patients’ input in the way facilities and services are planned and executed, to add humanity to, and influence those services.
- Provide constructive two-way feedback on patient and community needs, concerns and interests.
- Support the Practice in good health promotions, preventative medicine and health literacy.
- Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the practice to evaluate its services.
- Communicate to the practice community and/or the wider community information about the practice.
- Liaise with Surrey Downs Clinical Commissioning Group and other local GP practices to share and develop best practice and/or resources.
Please select from the below to view the minutes from each PPG meeting.
- March 2022
- December 2021
- September 2021
- July 2021
- March 2021
- October 2020
- July 2020
- February 2020
- October 2019
- May 2019
- February 2019
Patient Participation Group (PPG) Email Address
The PPG now have their own email address which is email@example.com.
Our PPG volunteer committee will monitor the inbox on a regular basis and welcome your views as to how we can improve patient care and what we are doing right. Again please do not use the email for any medically related or urgent health queries. You will receive a response within 7 working days.
Patient Participation Group Membership
All registered patients are welcome to join the PPG although, in the interests of effective decision making, membership of the core is limited to twelve. Specialist sub-groups may be formed to deal with specific topics utilising individual skills and interests. Our group meets regularly approximately every six weeks.
A key objective is to involve patients from a cross section of the practice population and to establish patient reference groups. How the group communicates with a wide cross section of the Practice population is a key issue. Apart from more conventional means of communication, a virtual reference group has been set up to engage with patients via the medium of emails to establish patient’s views and opinions.
Patient and public experience and engagement is a key priority for GP consortia as outlined in the Department of Health White Paper ‘Equality and Excellence: Liberating the NHS’.
Under the government proposals PPG’s will have an increasingly important role in helping to give patients a say in the way services are delivered to best meet their needs, and the needs of the local community.
If you are interested in joining the group or would like more information please complete our Register With The PPG form.